To our little home away from home.
In case you're new here, Erisia is running Modular Mayhem. If you look at the tab list above, you'll find setup instructions as well as maps of Erisia.
This is largely a place for building your own infrastructure. Cooperation is encouraged, but not required; we understand that building your own bases is fun. The reason you should do so here, and not in single-player, is because visiting other people and discussing your builds is also fun, and sometimes so is collaboration. The reason you should do so here, and not on a different server, is for the people you can find here, but also because our admins will make a desperate effort to recover from bugs and also frequent backups.
We don't tend to lose your stuff.
- Griefing and nonconsensual PvP are both forbidden. If in doubt, don't do it.
- Buildcraft Quarries, quarry-like autominers, etc. are all forbidden in the
Overworld and Nether, due to their effect on the terrain and server lag. We recommend the Electrical Age
They are explicitly not forbidden in the Deep Dark and Bedrock dimensions, but should be chunkloaded and removed when done. If unsure, ask.
- Exploits are... inadvisable. If you are found to be using one, you may find that the results go poof, destroying hours of work.
- At least try to make things look nice. There's no requirement, but it'd improve your reputation.
- To make road-building possible, all bases must be a maximum of 2km from the nearest other base. To avoid FPS problems, 500m is a reasonable minimum, but if unsure ask your neighbour.
- That said, have fun!
- Admin powers shall not be used except to fix obvious bugs or game-destroying situations.
- If the game-destroying situation is "I got stuck in Mystcraft" or "I ended up forty thousand kilometers out and can't get back", then there's a mandatory half-hour timeout prior to action and you don't get to keep your inventory.
- Unless the audience unanimously thinks otherwise.
- These rules are subject to change via supermajority vote, with Baughn getting veto rights.